Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ice Capades

I know every kid thinks her family is the most bizarre family on the block.

But mine really was.

Don't believe me? Then take a peek at my family album.


Okay, so maybe my father's Volkwagen Camper wasn't exactly the Death Star.

Maybe he never tried to impose his evil rule throughout the Galaxy.

Maybe even the name Myron isn't quite as weird as the name Anakin.

But my father did put on that brown polyester sweat jacket more times than I can count, albeit without the mask. If you want to know why, check out the current issue of the Oregon Literary Review.

And then tell me who on the block had a more bizarre family than mine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

who had a weirder family than you? that would be - no one.

Chuck Barnes said...

Amazingly, your father is not the only engineer to take up figure skating late in life... check out this story from today's Oregonian.

ShareThis