Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Rhyme Scheme

Why I Haven't Blogged All Week, Reason 1

Sometimes life is a Star Trek-Dilbert mashup in which things replicate at an astounding rate.

Thursday, 4:40 p.m.


Thursday, 4:47 p.m.

When your mailer daemon turns demon, fear not! Thanks to more English degrees than I care to count, I have just the superpower to turn such demons asunder.

Okay, not really.

But I can churn out a bit o' doggerel to amuse the otherwise beleagured recipients. And I did. Right after I got the 234 emails that were automatically sent to me by my friend Midori's email account.

She set auto-responder
before departing from work.
She did not imagine
it would go auto-beserk!

Those emails went out
at a mind-boggling rate
By the time we found out,
it was already too late.

So as you scroll through your inbox
deleting each unwanted missive,
Please know that we're sorry,
and we hope you'll forgive.

When will auto-responders surpass car alarms as the most annoying so-called convenience ever invented? Maybe Thursday, 4:52 p.m.

No comments:

ShareThis